Sunday 18 April 2010

Manchester Modernist Society.

MANCHESTER MODERNIST SOCIETY have been on my radar for a while. I've been meaning to find out more about them and spend some time at their website . So when they got in touch with me to ask the story behind a photograph that I had taken of THE ALBERT
VAULTS (another sad victim of the ongoing death of the British pub) I was prompted to mention them here.
There's lots of information about iconic Manchester buildings. Manchester is famous for the Victoriana but it certainly wouldn't be the place it is without some of it's more modern building's love them or loath them they all make Manchester home. So it's good that there are people helping to protect them. A proper living city has to have layers or you end up living in a theme park of a town like York or Bath. God bless the Mancunian way and all who fly over her.......

No comments: