Monday 16 November 2009

I've Got A Bit Of An Idea And Need Your Help....

I've been thinking of doing this for a while but the events of yesterday's post have spurred me on. It's kind of made me realise, that networks and institutions we are creating here on the web maybe more transitory and ephemeral than we think. Things are not being built here out of stone. Blogs, & bloggers will come and go we are here at this moment in time and the documentarian in me wants to seize the moment. So I propose a bit of fun and will you help?
Over the years I've interacted with many of you in one way or another, some of you I like to think have become my friends. Some of you I have gone on to meet 'face to face' but many of you I have never seen. So I want you to send me a picture of yourself. I thought it would be a bit of fun to get a rogues gallery going on. I thought I would have a bit of an exhibition of you all here at MANCHESTER PHOTOGRAPHY over the Christmas period.
So if we've ever communicated with each other due to this blog then please send me a picture of yourself. Choose your weapons. You can use any camera you like 5x4 to camera phone. I'd like them to be from the waist up (See above piccy) to get some uniformity to the set, black & white or colour is OK. Shall we say 1000 pixels widest side @ 150 dpi? You can send them as jpegs to me at info@manchesterphotography.com
I like to think that we have a little community going on in photo blog land and I'd love a record of the people involved at this moment in time. I might fall on my arse with this but I really hope I don't as I think it will be fun........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me think on this one. It's counter to my usual avoidance.

mark page said...

Me to Pete, hence the Lowry profile picture, I think many photographers feel the same. But hey, you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

Stan B. said...

This is bordering on blasphemy, Mark. You're really treading on treacherous waters here. We've all put way too much effort into our strategically low public profiles- we're not astrophysicists ya know.

Gonna have to think on this one, A Picture of Dorian Gray scared the bejesus outta me as a kid- there's a lesson in there...

Andy Clarke said...

you should have a deer in the headlights in your inbox Mark

mark page said...

Yeah cheers Andy got It. Come on Stan! I've asked JC and I'm pretty sure he'll send one!

Brenda said...

Mark - Yes I saw this and I'd love to. Problem is I really don't have any photos of me. Unless a baby pic would do?

Let me think on't, will get back to you.