Sunday 1 November 2009


I'm not sure if I love this about modern Britain or hate it. We adopt something like "trick or treating" from America and put a very British spin on things. We don't bother dressing up or taking our cute little toddlers around for sweets. What happens near me at least is some 17 year olds turn up at your door wearing tracky's with a can of Stella in their hand. Now correct me if I'm wrong but that's not the spirit. That's at the very best begging and at the worst money with menaces.

And while I'm at it and full of Autumnal cheer, upon leaving our local supermarket I heard the charming chirp of a small urchin. "Penny fer guy mate?" "No change" I replied and doing a double take I noticed this little angel had no Guy. I question him. "You've not even got a Guy" I say accusingly.
The cherub looked at me and says, "Well I'm not goin to fucking drag it up ere am a?"

No comments: